Stakeholders roundtable kicks off in Italy
8-10 Apr 2019 – More than 20 representatives of relevant stakeholder groups are participating in the Italian stakeholder training table taking place in Vogogna, inside the Italian focus area in Piemonte.
The three-day training table is part of the B5 training acitivities of the EuroLargeCarnivore project and is aimed at those stakeholders in charge of managing and preserving wildlife, in particular local decision makers, conservation experts, monitoring and surveillance bodies, opinion makers and local associations.
The general focus of the training table is about the human dimension of the controversial relationship between large carnivores and human activities. Innovative methodologies and tools are presented by Eliante’s participation experts in order to improve communication and collaboration among stakeholders. In this training the group of participants wants to:
• analyse the point the group is starting from
• assess the best ways to involve all stakeholders during the process
• propose techniques to understand stakeholders’ different priorities and develop empathy towards others
• increase the understanding of conflict dynamics and negotiation mechanisms
• define a shared action program
More trainings in spring 2019 took and take place in Portugal, Spain, Italy and Germany.